Boomshakalaka!!!! This old school classic is back with an updated version! For the youngins’ out there who didn’t get to play the original game, now’s your chance to check out what you’ve been missing. NBA Jams is an arcade-style basketball game in which players can select teams from the official NBA roster to compete in 2-on-2 games of basketball. Players can perform exaggerated slam dunks, shatter backboards, and try to conquer a series of unique “JAM Challenges.”
NBA JAM is an unique multiplayer arcade style basketball game that mixes the over-the-top fun of the original, old school, coin-operated two-on-two game, with modern gaming graphics. Designed with Next-Gen consoles in mind, the game preserves the distinct visual 2D style of the arcade classic which incorporates specific player and coaches likeness’, but adds crisp court, crowd and scoring celebration details that are only possible in modern gaming consoles. Additional features include in-game unlockables, representation from every team in the league and boss battles against some of the best NBA players in history.
- Fans can play Solo, Versus (against another player) or Co-op (with another player against the AI) modes. No matter how you like to play the game, you will have tons of fun playing NBA Jam.
- EA sports’ version of NBA Jam has the off-the-charts fun factor of the original with updated gameplay that looks and feels better than ever – in full HD.
- Play Classic 2-on-2, Co-op Team Play, and Remix games online with a Jam-packed progression system, unlockable challenges, and hundreds of rewards.
- As fans try to beat all 30 NBA teams in the Classic Campaign journey, they will face some extra challenges: secret 2 on 2 Boss Battles against NBA Legends.
- Earn and unlock more than 100 cheat codes, secret characters and legendary NBA players. Secret characters were a big part of the original NBA JAM and EA sports is committed to keeping the spirit of past unlocks alive.
It’s an awesome game that will keep you entertained for weeks on end! I only had the chance to play it for a few days while visiting some friends, but if you’d like to buy me a copy, head on over to my Amazon Wishlist and I’ll be eternally grateful! 🙂